1. breathe slowly and deeply. In for 5 seconds. Hold for 5 seconds. Out for 5 seconds. and keep repeating it over and over.
2. Use your 5 senses. Smell 5 things where you are now. Taste 5 things. Hear 5 things. See 5 things. Touch 5 things. BUT if one of the senses is what triggered you don't use that sense, skip over it and use another one twice.
3. Call someone you trust, like a friend or your T
4. Write in a journal
6. Change your scenery. If you are outside go inside and visa versa.
7. Write poetry or a story
8. Read a book
9. Play video games
10. Write a letter to someone who hurt you. Then crumple it up and throw it away. Put all the thoughts down on paper as if you would show the person but tear it up and never show them. That is a way for you to get it out.
11. Go for a walk or jog. Be mindful, look at your surroundings and feel the sun, rain, snow, hot, cold.
12. Hold ice in your hand. The cold will snap you back to the present and wont leave any marks
13. Snap a rubber band against your wrist. Once again it will bring you back to the present.
14. Repeat phrases such as "I am safe now" "It's over" "It's just a memory"
15. If you have a pet like a dog or cat pet them, brush them, hug them. Pets hold unconditional love for their owners and are amazing at making people feel better.
Add your own to this list...
http://selfhelp.yuku.com is a support site you can all use, it has forums on cutting among a lot of other forums. you arent alone